Skip to main content
Boy oh boy seems fall just crept up on me. I had a great summer though! Playing with my minions and of course quilting. The minions seem very interested in quilting so I let them sew whenever I can. I am posting some of the quilts I worked on over the summer right up until yesterday lol. 
Below is the plus quilt I made as a quilt along the pattern is from Jelli Quilts but I supersized the baby quilt and made it 50x60" every fabric is from my stash. I love how it turned out and can't wait to have it long armed 
 

 This baby swoon is my fave. I love how it turned out. I love ombre fabric so much. I can't wait for the backing to come in so I can quilt it




 This sweet feminine baby swoon will be the perfect addition to a little girls room. It is just so delicate and pretty




I love heart quilts . They are just gorgeous, this one is 45x45 perfect for cuddling with.


I jumped on the hedgehog bandwagon. I started with this mini and have now made 5 of them, they are just too cute 


The arrow quilt. Oh how I love thee. Using graded colours in Kona cotton this turned out beautiful. This is a throw size, I made it in queen size first lol



I love how this baby boy quilt turned out just so soft and elegant 

I started this quilt 2 years ago, just brought it back out to try to finish. Got 2 more rows on it with 2 more to go before it's done 

I love this Raspberry kiss mini quilt I made for a swap. I think I need to make a bigger one for me. 


This teeny tiny pineapple mini measures only 10.5" I love how cute it is 


Go big or go home, I started my first arrow quilt as a queen size and love it,,,,,, 

Finally got the top done for one Minion's Cheistmas present now to start the next 

Made myself a giant starburst in another colorsay. It's off bring long armed now 


My mom's quilt is back from being long armed and looks amazing! 




Charlotte's Irish chain was her birthday present 


Coop's hourglass was for his birthday 


This is the beginning of the next birthday present lol


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I'm never at a loss for projects (really, what quilter is?) but I had this gorgeous fabric from Frond Design Studio and the beautiful giant vintage star pattern from  In Color Order  and a free Friday night (yeah, I'm exciting, I know) so I decided to start piecing this This is my Giant Vintage Star all put together, I love love love it!!!! This is a project just for me before I start on my commissioned quilt, and finishing a wedding gift. Busy week ahead :) Oh and here is the finished mini quilt which was mailed out to my partner last week And I also finished this beautiful pixelated heart last week. It was a commissioned quilt. I am so happy with how it turned out!!
Well today, is a quiet day, ok well quiet moment. Mr Minion had one surgery today, one minion is at school the other with her Nonna. I thought I would pop on to share some of the quilts I made earlier this year. I am working on a bunch of projects right now, finishing a commissioned baby quilt and teachers gifts. I will post pics of those as they are done. lately I have been working on my WIP's. As quilters we have way too many of these as we often start a new project long before the last one is even close to completion. I have managed though to finish 2 very large projects that I started months ago. This is my supernova quilt (and my puggle) I had to stand way up my stairs to get this pic as this is a huge queen size quilt. I was first inspired to make this one I saw a pic on Instagram in these colours, it was a block made for a charity quilt and I fell in love. I do love a big block quilt though they do still take time. The pattern is from  Freshly Pieced  and I have made sev
Good morning everyone! Today is a PD day for the kids so we are all at home having fun together. Only 9 days left in school this year. Hard to believe how fast it has all gone. I can't believe I haven't posted some of the quilts I finished earlier this year so here they are This mini sewing machine was made for a good friend I actually have never met. Conni and I met on Instagram and have become great friends. Hopefully one day we will get the chance to meet in person. The pattern for this mini quilt is from  Fat Quarter shop . I just love how it turned out This quilt was made for my Son's 5th birthday. I make them 2 quilts a year, one each for Christmas and one for their birthday. He requested these colours and I knew exactly what pattern. This quilt would not have come together without the help of the Instagram community. A bunch of lovely quilters from Canada and the US helped me by sending me blocks so that I could get this finished in time. I love it, I bac